Last update 18 April 2010
The key points to remember about this project are:
- Boral and the RTA have removed our SAFE cycleway/walkway.
- The replacement signalized highway crossing will be LESS SAFE (300,000 vehicles per week).
- The RTA has reneged on earlier assertions that a bridge would be built.
- The RTA has refused to consult with the community.
- The RTA is to blame for this problem.
- The RTA will not fix the problem unless directed by the Minister.
- Boral admit that their developments will earn them $50 MILLION EACH YEAR yet won't fund a bridge.
- Boral have reported net profits of $1.683 billion from the community in the last five years yet won't fund a bridge.
- Boral's advice to the community about this issue was virtually non-existant.
- Boral did not seriously attempt to consult the community on this development.
- Boral did not provide detours as per their own Cycleway Management Plan.
- Unless YOU send emails/letters of protest a bridge will not be built.
- You need to protest NOW. Later will be too late.
- You need to followup your protest correspondence regularly. Don't allow them to ignore you.
The Lower Prospect Canal Reserve cycleway/walkway was only created due to the persistence of the community.
Similarly without persistence on this issue a SAFE cycleway/walkway will not be restored. Please lend your support.
If this campaign is to be successful you MUST at least read our solution page and send a protest letter as per our example.